Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions
- How long does it take to receive our images? - I understand seeing your beautiful images from your wedding day is much anticipated. I work very hard to see that my turnaround time for your images is as speedy as possible. You can expect to receive your online proofs approximately six weeks after the wedding.
- Will we get the rights to our images? - You will receive a print release which will enable you to print as many copies of your images as your heart desires, you are also able to share your images with your family and friends.
- Can we share on Facebook and Instagram? - Absolutely! I love seeing your beautiful images shared with all your friends, I especially love a good shout out ;) I kindly ask that you please do not crop, edit or alter the images in any way. My images are a direct representation of my brand, and I work very hard to create beautiful images for you, that accurately portray the style you hired me for.
- How many images will we receive? - There is no limit to the amount of photographs I take during a wedding day. Each wedding is unique in its own way and receives a custom approach to coverage.
- What if it rains on our wedding day? - Well for starters they say it is good luck! Fret not, I assure you, your images will be beautiful no matter what! I always bring with me plenty of off camera lighting, should we have to do portraits inside. If you're up for braving the weather, we can use the rain to our advantage and get some really cool rain shots.
- What are your thoughts on doing a “First Look”? - I love a wedding day with a first look! But it has to make sense for you. Today’s brides and grooms have the option of shaking up the traditional timeline and seeing each other before the wedding. There are certain advantages to seeing each other beforehand. First looks allow you to take all your formal photos before the ceremony. What does this mean for you? You (and your bridal party) get to enjoy your cocktail hour with all your guests. Couples getting married later in the fall and winter may want to consider a first look, because it will enable them to take photos outside while the lighting outside is still ideal. First looks do make for a longer day, and some couples still prefer to keep things traditional, there is absolutely no right or wrong way. Consider what makes the most sense for you.
- How do you edit our images? - Every image delivered to you has been personally edited. I work hard to photograph in a way that requires minimal manipulation in post. This means my editing is natural, and will accurately reflect the beauty of your day the way you lived it. Filters and trendy editing techniques can sometime later date an image, it is my goal to see that your images remain timeless for the years to come.
- How would you describe your style? - I am primarily a photojournalistic photographer. This means I document real moments that are organically happening throughout your day. I do however bring a bit of an artistic flare to my images. I enjoy playing with light to create dramatic images when appropriate, and I am not afraid to help guid you so you look natural and comfortable in your portraits.
- Will you help us with posing? - I am often asked if I can help with posing, and my answer is Yes… with a twist. I will certainly guide you through the portrait process so that you will look comfortable and flattering. But I find there is an art to engaging my couples to enjoy natural and authentic moments with each other. I am after natural smiles, and real hugs and laughter. The portraits you see in my portfolio are an accurate representation of the kind of beautiful shots we can capture when you're truly having fun... oh and being utterly in love with each other totally helps ;)
- Will you stay late? -Certainly, I always check in with the bride and groom before packing up. I will let you know if I think we have got it, or if the party's just getting started I am always available to stay. Additional hours of coverage are billed later, so you don’t have to worry about anything but getting back on that dance floor.
- Will you travel? - Yes! I am absolutely available for travel, I love photographing in new places! Send me a note through my Contact Form and tell me a little bit about your destination wedding.
- Will you attend our rehearsal? - Rehearsal dinner coverage is available to add to any collection, as long as the date is available.
- What kind of equipment do you use? - Once upon a time my 75lb equipment bag fell from my trunk, I quickly broke its fall with my right foot.... My foot broke. That really happened! All kidding aside, I shoot with two full frame professional high quality DSLR cameras, and I have two more as my backups. All of my lenses are high quality glass designed to perform well in any lighting condition.. My favorite lense allows me to zoom in from a distance so I am able to document real moments without being obtrusive. I bring off camera lighting with me to every wedding and event, to ensure that I am able to create the best light possible.
- When should we book you? - It is never to early to secure the vendors you love! I am unable to hold dates until we have officially booked, the plus side to booking early is you can cross one more thing off your checklist, and use me as a resource if you have any planning questions. (Upon booking the current prices are locked in, meaning I will honor the pricing list you received at the time of booking regardless of any increasing of studio prices).
- Do you offer engagement sessions? - Yes! I believe it is a great way to get to know each other before your wedding day, that is why it is included in almost all of my wedding collections.
- Will we get to meet before the wedding? - We will absolutely talk before the wedding. We will arrange a time to chat either in person or over the phone, to go over your day of details and timeline. Six weeks before your wedding date I will send you a brief questionnaire that will ensure I am informed of any details I will need to know to provide you with the best service possible. We will talk again at our final meeting where we will go over the questionnaire and finalize your timeline.
- What is your pricing? - Because each wedding is so unique in its own way, each wedding deserves its own tailored coverage. The collections that I offer are a starting point at which you can further customize. During our initial meeting I walk through a rough sample timeline of your day, to help figure out how much coverage you truly need. There are several A La Carte items that can be added to any collection such as albums, prints and wall art. For this reason we work together to put together a collection that will best suit your needs.
- What does the album design process entail? - The album design process is as personalized as you wish it to be. I create a first draft with the images that I believe best tell your story. The digital preview is then sent to you for viewing, where you can list any changes you wish to make. With your feedback I am able to craft the album of your dreams. The beauty of the album design software, is that it is designed with your convenience in mind. You can indicate the changes you wish to see from the luxury of your own home. If you prefer to be more hands on in the design process I welcome you to join me at my office for the final edit of the album, where we are able to perfect the album together.
- What about ordering prints? - High quality professional archival prints, and wall art are available for purchase. Your print release which you receive with your images enables you to print your images anywhere you would like. If you prefer to have them printed yourself I can give you the names of a few print labs that I would recommend.
- Are you insured? - Yes. I would be happy to supply your venue with a certificate of insurance if they request it.